Saturday, April 23, 2011

Podcasts

I've been listening to the first few lessons of Coffee Break French lately and have found it to be a good podcast for learning. One of the weak parts of Michel Thomas' CDs was the pronunciation, but they spend a bit more time in this series pointing out details of the pronunciation in this podcast which is good.

I haven't gotten the "premium content" for CBF, just the free podcasts from iTunes, but I don't think I will since these are primarily being used during my commute anyway where I just want audio. They also look relatively pricey (especially given the current exchange rates), and I'm not sure there's a ton of value in it the additional materials.

I've also found some useful aids/materials recently. The first is a compilation of the 681 most common verbs in PDF form. The other one is a dictionary plugin for Chrome that lets you double click on words to look them up (or even Google Translate them), which I recommended to anyone who wants a bit of help in reading articles in French or any language you're learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment