Sunday, April 17, 2011

Flashcards with Anki

Last night I came across an interesting program called Anki. Not only is it a free application which let's you create flashcards lists and incorporates review scheduling, but there are a number of pre-made flashcard lists you can download and search for right from within the application. It is available for all the major platforms, including an Android app, and says it allows for syncing between different installations (I have not tried this option yet, though).

Overall it looks to be quite a nice application for doing flashcard reviews, and I downloaded a number of French lists to try out. It can be a bit hard to know which lists are higher quality from the search results, but it does give you information on number of downloads of any given list which may give a rough indication.

Once I get a chance to play with it more I'll report back on my longer term impressions.

No comments:

Post a Comment